Sunday, August 30, 2015

I'm A Woman, Hear Me Roar!

I am starting to have a serious problem with how everyone talks about women. I am starting to have a serious problem with how women relate to women. Just, when did we get so bitchy? Perhaps, we always have been and the glaring realization of it all has only just struck me. Sorry for joining the party late, I guess. 

A few days ago, a fairly normal, educated lady told someone "why do you think all the crazy nutjob hot girls get the most amazing guys?" WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?!

Why can't she get a "hotter" guy because she's not "attractive" (to you!)? What do you mean she "looks like a lesbian''? So you're telling me you like her "even though she's fat"? Why is it so hard for everyone to accept the possibility of a woman having made it without sleeping her way to the top? And even if she did, isn't the sexiest thing in bed consent? And about that... there are way too many rape jokes doing the rounds and the thing is, just who can we possibly blame for this? The media alone? I don't know. 

And then today, I happened to watch Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend video and cringed. Not so much at the video as at myself for watching this on loop growing up without stopping for a second to really see what the video is advocating. It makes me sick! How is it possible that only Shraddha Kapoor with her beautiful baal and pokyy-free hair piss me off when I've been a media consumer since birth? Is misogyny really that internalized? 

And dare I say any of these things to anyone without being called a 'feminazi'... yup, not a feminist, not a humanist, not an equalist; a femiNAZI. 

Do you even know what Nazism was and its endless repercussions on humanity? Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Drafts

I sometimes miss being in unrequited love to text them to overthink their text to romanticize every moment to actually dream about them...